Sorry about the poor quality of the photo.
Many thanks to one of my favorite blogs Plain Chicken for this fantastic recipe. Of course I tweaked it somewhat to fit my family's taste, so if you want to original recipe, pop over to Plain Chicken to find it plus some other great recipes of all kinds!!!
Here's my version.
- 4 cups chow mein noodles
- 1 cup candied pecans
- 1 cup cashews
- 1/2 cup of your other favorite nuts
- 1 candy bar finely crumbled
- 3/4 cup semisweet white chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup light corn syrup
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 3/4 to 1 cup peanut butter
- Combine chow mein noodles, nuts and crumbled candy bar together and set aside.
- Combine sugar and corn syrup in saucepan. Cook over medium heat, stirring constantly until sugar dissolves. This takes about 5 minutes. Add peanut butter to that and continue to stir another minute or so until peanut butter dissolves. Remove from heat.
- Pour melted mixture onto dry mixture. Gently stir together and pour onto a large greased pan spreading mixture evenly.
- Allow to cook at least 4 to 6 hours or overnight.
- Cut into bars and enjoy!!!
This was the second batch I've made in a week so they go fast!!
Now onto something awesome, if I do say so myself.
Two of my grandbabies are growing up so fast it blows my mind.
Merry Christmas everyone!!!