GoGo's Taste "T"-cakes
1 cup of melted butter
1 cups sugar - cream the butter and sugar
1/2 cup milk
2 teaspoons lemon extract
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
6 cups flour
3 teaspoons baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 1/2 teaspoons nutmeg
In large bowl, sift dry ingredients together. Add creamed milk/butter and extracts slowly to mixture using a low setting on your mixer. When dough resembles "Playdough," remove and roll out on lightly floured board. Cut into cookie shapes or just leave rolled out and place on cookie sheet.
Bake for about 10 to 15 minutes at 350*.
Cool for 5 minutes. If you opted for leaving dough flat on cookie sheet, now is the time to cut into squares.
Yields 1 1/2 to 2 dozen T-cakes.
GoGo's Buttery Butter Rolls
- 1 can biscuits
- 1 1/2 sticks butter (don't scimp)
- Sugar, Cinnamon & Nutmeg
- Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees
2 cups milk
3/4 cup sugar
1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla
Roll out biscuits as thin as possible on a floured rolling board. Drizzle butter, sugar, cinnmon nd nutmet over the top. Next, roll each buiscuit into a jelly roll shape, place into a large buttered baking dish.
Topping: Mix the topping ingredient then pour over the jelly rolls. Bake for about 30 minutes or until brown. Serve hot with your favorite ice cream or whipped cream or warm with coffee.
GoGo's Scrumptious Peach Cobbler
- 2 16oz. cans of sliced peaches
- 1 8 oz. can of apple filling
- 3 to 5 pats of butter or margerine
- 1 teaspoon Cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon Nutmeg
- 1/8 teaspoon All Spice
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla
- 3 Pillsbury Pie Crusts
- Pre-heat over to 325 degrees
Note: You can skip the process of simmering if desired.
In a 9 X 13 baking dish, place one pie crust, pour half of the heated mixture over top.
Slice in half the second pie crust, placing one half aside.
Cut strips of dough from the other half and place in mixture then pour the rest of heated mixture over top of the strips.
Finally, strip the 1 1/2 pie crusts and criss cross over the peach mixture.
Note: You can sprinke a teaspooned mixture of sugar, cinnamon and nutmeg over your criss crosses. This will allow your cobbler to come out a wonderful golden brown.
Place in over for approximately 1 hour.
Allow to cool for 10 to 20 minutes before serving.
- 1 lb. ground meat, browned to crumbly
- 1 small can tomato paste
- 1 can of refregerator biscuits
- Shredded Mozzarella & Pepper Jack Cheeses (If you love cheese, shred alot)
- 2 Tablespoons Southwest Chipotle Seasoning
- 1/2 cup sliced Black Olives (Optional)
- 1/2 cup chopped onions
- 4 Tablespoons bacon bits (Store bought)
- 1/2 cup chopped Bell Pepper
- Brown and season to taste ground meat to crumbling. Put aside.
- Using a generous sheet of Saran Wrap (not Wax Paper), sandwich each biscuit between and roll flat. Then place each flattened biscuit onto greased cookie sheet.
- Spread tomato paste over each biscuit.
- Sprinkle ground meat, Chipotle, onions, Bell Pepper and Black Olives over the biscuits.
- Sprinkle cheeses & bacon bits over everything and place in oven for 12 to 17 minutes or until cheese is slightly brown if prefered.
These mini-pizzas can be stored in the frig and reheated for another couple of days.
Tasty Snack Nuts
- 3/4 cup butter 2 large egg whites, room temperature
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 Tablespoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt (if unsalted nuts) 5 cups nuts (your favorites - walnuts and pecans yield excellent results, but those are my favorites)
This is a great party gift or stocking stuffers for Christmas......Yummy!