I meant to post this yesterday but was visiting with family. This is a very simple recipe & your family will gobble it up.
Here's what's needed:
- 2 uncooked pie shells
- Deep dish pie pan
- 1 eight ounce to ten ounce can peaches
- 1 can Apple filing but you will use only half of that.
Pre-heat oven to 325 degrees.
- Spray pie pan with a non-stick spray or rug with butter or margarine and lay first pie shell into pan. Set aside.
- In medium sauce pan, combine can of peaches, 1/2 can of apple filling. The reason I use only half is you only want the flavor and thickening of the apple filling but if you don't mind the overwhelming apple taste use the whole can. Begin to simmer on low heat.
- Add a dollop of butter or margarine. I'm a butter lover so I use butter but margarine works just as well.
- To mixture all sugar. I'd say 1/4 cup is quite enough. (Sugar substitutes work well here)
- Stir, then add, Cinnamon, Nutmeg, Allspice and Vanillla. Ok, I can see you're about to panic, so I'd say 1/2 teaspoon of each of these. I love that Cinnamon flavor so I'd add more Cinnamon than the others.
- Stir and add a couple of dollops of butter to that. When butter has melted, pour mixture into pie shell and cover with remaining shell. As you can see from the above photo, I'm not good at sealing the shells together with fancy crimping or fork sculpturing. Sprinkle with Cinnamon and sugar over the top then slice an opening in the middle. This allows pie to bake without overflowing and making a mess. (Ask me how I know this!!)
- Bake for one hour then allow to cool or eat right away with ice cream. That's what my family did right after dinner. They could smell the pie baking all through dinner and as soon as I took it out of the over, they pounced......sigh!!