Afterward everyone moved to the cafeteria for dinner. The pulled pork was the highlight of the evening and I was asked repeatedly for the recipe.
I told all who were in earshot and will, again share with you all.
This recipe works with frozen or thawed pork butt. Mine were partially frozen. This is also for a large group but can easily be broken down to serve less. This would be a hit at family reunions or church socials.
- 3 pork butt roasts
- 2 three liter bottles coke (acts as a tenderizer and adds flavor)
- 2 coffee pots of strong coffee (acts as a tenderizer and adds flavor)
- 2 large onions - peeled but do not slice
- 4 cloves of garlic
- Your favorite seasonings - I use Accent, several of the Slap Yo Momma seasonings, pepper, Sea Salt, 1/2 cup Worcestershire sauce
- Powdered Ranch Dressing (2 pkgs)
- In a very large cooking pot place the butt roasts. Add the cokes and coffee to the pot.
- Bring to a rolling boil and cover to cook for an hour.
- Add all other ingredients and lower heat to simmer for approximately 4 to 5 hours more, checking with a fork to see when tender or falling apart.
- Remove from heat and allow to rest for an hour before the process of pulling apart. I use two forks to shred the pork. The aroma at this point is mouth watering!!! You may have to fight off your family and the whole neighborhood.
- You can add your favorite BBQ sauce at this time.
- This is great served on buns or wrapped in a flour tortilla or as a main dish with mashed potatoes/green beans/rolls.