It's my day to post about what I'm "Nuts About!" First things first. I really appreciate Marian for inviting me to participate. She is a great hostess!! Make sure you pop in on her blog, as there are great give-aways each day that she talks about!!
Here is the schedule of bloggers who are involved in this wonderful February hop.
February 4, 2016
Words & Stitches
Quilt In Pieces
February 5, 2016
Just Let Me Quilt
Lulu & Celeste
Marjorie's Busy Corner
Tea Time Creations
February 8, 2016
Batts In The Attic
Life In The Scrapatch
Ravelly's -You are here!!
In The Boon Docks
February 9, 2016
Quilting Queen Online
All Things Sewn
February 10, 2016
Sew Many Yarns
From This To That
Seams To Be Sew
Make sure you stop by each blogger to see what they have come up with.
Here's what I came up with because I'm a bit off kilter and have been known to go a little nuts.....
My attempt at sketching a design.
Fabrics chosen and I sewed peanut type lines. Notice the wildly nutty eyes....yeah, that's my expression most of the time.....heheheheheheh
I went with a cross-word type puzzle to name a lot of the things I'm nuts about.
- I love studying the bible. Jesus is my Counselor, my refuge.
- My mom is my best friend, of course, followed by my wonderful Cowboy who is always there to support me, even going so far as to advise me on quilting designs. Surprisingly, he's right 95% of the time.....hummmmmm
- I love baking and cooking meals for family and neighbors. My favorite foods are shrimp and candy....not eaten together, BTW!!! I can eat a bag of Skittles on the way home from the market but let's keep that bit of knowledge between you and me.
- I had to add fabric and sewing. That's in my blood. Our local quilt shop just announced that it's going out of business so I'm chomping at the bit to shop there one more time to aid them reducing so much inventory.
- I love movies such as My Big Fat Greek Wedding, 2001: A Space Odyssey, Guarding Tess, The Sound of Music, The Thomas Crown Affair, just to name a few. I've seen these movies so many times while in my sewing studio that I don't even have to look up to know what's going on.
- I am nuts about jigsaw puzzles to the point that when I start one, I am fixated on it until it's completed to the exclusion of anything else. That includes no sewing. I barely stop to eat. I know that sounds a bit "nuts" but that's just the way I roll.
- And finally, I'm nuts about my Wacky girlfriends who are like sisters to me. We are always coming up with 'wacky' things to get into and are supportive when one of us going off the deep end on a fabric spree. We are so close that we once went on a sewing cruise but wound up not doing much sewing but enjoyed the sites and locals a lot. That's all I'll say because we all know, "What happens on a cruise, stays on the cruise!"
This quilt measures 31 /12" by 21 1/2".
Now to the give aways.......
from the wonderful folks at the Fat Quarter Shop
Free pattern from Any Pattern.com
To enter click on the link below.