A head of lettuce.
Here's a unique recipe:
- Combine the lettuce, egg yolk, small can of capers, lemon juice (to taste), parsley, small red onion, garlic (your choice on how much), prepared mustard 1 to 2 teaspoons, and basil in the bowl of a food processor fitted with the blade and process until smooth.
- Then, with the machine running, pour in about 1/4 cup olive oil slowly through the feed tube. If more olive oil is needed, go for it.
- Season well with salt and pepper.
- Tasting throughout this process is best. Other seasonings may be added. It's your choice
- Chill until ready to use. Serve over cold poached fish or chicken or, smoked salmon, hard boiled eggs and tomato slices. It's even good with your favorite snack crackers.