- This is just an audition step.
- By cutting and laying out the various fabrics pieces, I can pick and chose what works and what doesn't. I've already pressed the adhesive and cut the pieces..... it's a very small price to lose the fabric I don't choose.
- I'm thinking at this point that I may need to use a different background... a little darker but still mottled.
- I've used the reverse side of a black fabric to shadow the hollows n the trees and I really love that effect. Batiks really work great in this type of project.
- I found some subtle greens for brush in my stash but as I said, I need a different background......
- Once I've finalized everything, I'll stitch everything down and add the thin limbs and branches shown in the foreground on the photo.