- 1 cup butter (don't substitute)
- 2 cups sugar
- 4 eggs
- 1/2 cup milk
- 3 teaspoons lemon extract
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 6 cups flour
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 teaspoons nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon allspice
- Note: If you love nuts, add 1 cup of chopped pecans into the mix
Stir dry ingredients together in large bowl then slowly stir in the creamed ingredients.
Roll out dough on lightly floured board. Cut into round or square cookie shapes.
Bake on cookie sheet for 12 to 18 minutes at 350 degrees.
Yields 1 1/2 to 2 dozen tea-cakes.