These pictures don't do this great fabric justice. "Treasures of York County Heritage Trust" presented by Roberta Benvin & Joan Hamme for P&B Textiles. I bought this piece (1 1/2 yards) at Common Threads in Waxahachie, Texas. I've mentioned the shop several times in previous posts because it is a wonderful place to shop. If you are really into Civil War fabrics, this is the place to visit.
As alot of you know, Aug. 1st was my 54th birthday. I don't mind telling my age because I've very proud of it. Why you might ask? Because at age 51 I was able to retire. So, I have, God willing as my grandma use to say, I'll have many years to finally do most of what I want to do. Mom & I were talking about the history we have lived. When you're young, you really don't think about that sort of thing but as we were reflecting back, I was amazed.
- I've lived to see, so far, 10 presidents: Kennedy, Johnson, Nixon, Ford, Carter, Reagan, Bush, Clinton, Bush, Obama.
- A bi-centennial
- Welcomed in a new millennium (Y2K). BTW, remember the terror that the powers that be were in about how computers would be affected & we'd all crash and burn.........LOL.
- I remember a wonderful news anchor - Frank Reynolds - very professional great guy.
- Of course I've lived through all the 60's, 70's, 80's 90' 00's problems with race issues. I really don't think that will ever go away because, unfortunately we don't want to acknowledge that each group of people have gone through some horrible times, whether it be Blacks, Jews, Mexican, Indians, Whites. We've all been there, all suffered intolerable situations and come out the other side. If we could all remember that, we'd all be better for it.
- I remember the Jim Jones incident....can you believe that it was nearly 30 years ago.
- I remember when there were no cell phones but when Ayden grows up, she won't even have a point of reference of a rotary phone........can you say generation gap!!!
- Remember 8 tracks & floppy disc & boom-boxes & patent leather shoes & penny loafers
- I said something about tongs in class one day & the kids nearly had a fit. I was talking about flip-flops as they're known today.....the kids were thinking ---- underwear.....good grief!
- I had a stereo system that played 78s to 45s.....granted the 78s were from my granddad's time but I listened to them.
I think I'd better stop cause I'm suddenly feeling my age..............LOL