I finished it today. Many thanks to Kay out there in blogger land for her great suggestion of adding the red from the center of the log cabins to my last border. It was tedious work but well worth the effort.
Now, mind you, I finished this quilt top within days because I have no one to disturb me when I'm working in my studio.
I'd love to share this recipe with you. It's a great salad for the hot summer days. I first tasted it at one of the retreats I attended.
Recipe:
1 sleeve saltine crackers
1 large tomato, finely chopped
3 green onions, finely chopped
1 1/2 cups mayonnaise
1 hard boiled egg, finely chopped
Salt/pepper to taste
In a large bowl, coarsely crush the crackers with your hands; there will be big cracker pieces.
Add the remaining ingredients, mix well and serve immediately. Serves 10 to 15
Ravelly's World
▼
Jul 1, 2007
Finished
I finished it today. Many thanks to Kay out there in blogger land for her great suggestion of adding the red from the center of the log cabins to my last border. It was tedious work but well worth the effort.
Now, mind you, I finished this quilt top within days because I have no one to disturb me when I'm working in my studio.
I'd love to share this recipe with you. It's a great salad for the hot summer days. I first tasted it at one of the retreats I attended.
Recipe:
1 sleeve saltine crackers
1 large tomato, finely chopped
3 green onions, finely chopped
1 1/2 cups mayonnaise
1 hard boiled egg, finely chopped
Salt/pepper to taste
In a large bowl, coarsely crush the crackers with your hands; there will be big cracker pieces.
Add the remaining ingredients, mix well and serve immediately. Serves 10 to 15
8 comments:
If you leave a comment and I don't respond, please forgive the oversight. Your comments are always appreciated and I do try to get back to everyone.
If you are a non-reply, thank you for your comments and insights and "PLEASE" leave me a way to contact you in case your name is a winner. See the note above all the Posts!!

It is a beautiful quilt. How will you finish it?
ReplyDeleteIt is gorgeous! Is that hand applique, machine applique or fused?
ReplyDeleteThis is stitching up quickly, the log cabins are great! I love your geese quilt top too...thanks for sharing
ReplyDeleteThis quilt is beautiful Rhonda, you did a great job.
ReplyDeleteA lovely top and the outer border does finish it perfectly!
ReplyDeleteGreat job on this quilt! That last border idea is great!
ReplyDeleteI love how all your quilts are so unique Rhonda!
what a beautiful quilt!! And a yummy recipe as well!!!
ReplyDeleteGreat Job, Girlfriend! Love the little logs! M
ReplyDelete