Did I say sawing, I meant sewing logs!
Some of you might remember the center of this quilt. It's a spin-off of the one I entered in our state's Ag department block contest. I added the frog and a second dragonfly. Anyway, these types of blocks usually wind up in my UFO box but I decided to use this one along with the log cabin blocks I've been working on.
In this next photo, I've sewn on another top and bottom rows. If I add another 16 blocks, the quilt will be square again. It measures roughly 36 1/2" by 48 1/2". My question is.....should I stop with this size or add the 16 side blocks???
Here's a sneak peek of what it could look like....but do not allow this to influence your opinion.
Hi Rhonda - I live with the 16 blocks added to the sides.
ReplyDeleteI like it with the 16 blocks. It is very stunning.
ReplyDeletethe logs make a great frame for the center
ReplyDeleteI say stop...too much log cabin will distract from the actual block, which is awesome!
ReplyDeleteI think it would look fine framed with another 16 blocks.
ReplyDeleteYay...I'm your 100th follower congrats! I am following you back...thanks for visiting my blog!
ReplyDeleteterelauritsen.blogspot.com