Ravelly's World
▼
Jan 29, 2010
Sailin' Away
I sometimes venture into the world of paper piecing.......a few years back that was all I was into.....you know how that is. I have lots of paper piecing books and designs. The above boats and sails comes from "Paper Piecing Patterns" by Shirley Liby. I'm going to, one day, make another one of these because I see that I should have used a more solil reading blue or green for the ocean....LOL.....I found a blue scrap in my stash that would be perfect. Maybe the sky fabric needs to be darker so that you can see the sails better......what do you think? I need input, please!
8 comments:
If you leave a comment and I don't respond, please forgive the oversight. Your comments are always appreciated and I do try to get back to everyone.
If you are a non-reply, thank you for your comments and insights and "PLEASE" leave me a way to contact you in case your name is a winner. See the note above all the Posts!!
I like your sky and water...reminds me of one of those old clipper ship paintings. Very cute.
ReplyDeleteI like it as is since we do have days where the sky looks like that.
ReplyDeleteI like it, too.....it looks very "real" the way you did it.....makes it look like it's an old piece and it was kind of a mixed bag sky......with some clouds. I say leave it as it is. (BUT...if you insist you need a new one, then you need to give THIS one to one of us who likes it just as it is....hehehe)
ReplyDeleteI think it's perfect. I really like the sky and water fabrics. If I where gonna redo it.....I'd use a different fabric for the sails to make them stand out alittle more.
ReplyDeleteA darker sky would give the feeling of a storm. I like the way it is but I know what you mean about maybe noticing the sails more. It's always fun to experiement and change around something we have done. Have fun with it.
ReplyDeleteI think it looks great!
ReplyDeleteWhat an amazing job you did, I love it!!
ReplyDeleteI remember that book!!
ReplyDeleteI like the sky and water fabrics, but I would probably trim a bit off the bottom of the water to feature the boats more.