Ravelly's World

Jan 28, 2010

5 Years 5th Folder


Pat (click on her site to read about her photo) gave whoever read her post today, a challenge.  She asked us to go back 5 years in your online photo album or whereever, look in your 5th folder with 5th picture and post about the picture.  I came up with this photo of my grandmother and granddad. This was taken, I'm told, in Chicago in the early 1930s. I was fortunate to know both sets of grandparents.  What they taught me, the way they cherished and spoiled me, the quiet moments my brother and I had with them always brings warm and happy memories.  My granddad use to say some funny things.......like....... As the crow flies............ It's going to be a blue norther........If it thunders before 7, it will rain before 11...........He was always saying these things and I wish I could remember more.....you know!
Thanks Pat, this was fun!!!!!

3 comments:

  1. Thanks for playing along and I wish you could remember more of your granddad's sayings, too. I think we all have TONS of photos and don't look at them enough, so I think I am going to issue this challenge periodically!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Rhonda that is a beautiful picture. Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very Cool pic! Love grandma's outfit! Thanks for sharing....

    ReplyDelete

If you leave a comment and I don't respond, please forgive the oversight. Your comments are always appreciated and I do try to get back to everyone.
If you are a non-reply, thank you for your comments and insights and "PLEASE" leave me a way to contact you in case your name is a winner. See the note above all the Posts!!