May BOM is ready.
Just click on the Leaf #5 on the Sidebar to get the pattern or click HERE.Enjoy!!
Remember these scrappy blocks. They were a few posts ago.... I got side tracked with the Granny Squares.
Now, I'm back and have auditioned a couple of ideas. Below is the very scrappy connection..... I don't know about that look.
Next, is the more solid look for connecting blocks..... hummmmmmmm!!!!
And finally, this is the setting I chose, have squared up and sewn together.
I've called this "Broken Dishes" which may not be the correct name but I like it. I made nine scrappy blocks which used some of my bagged scraps.
I love the whole process of
The quilt measures 56 1/2 inches square and I don't think I'll be sewing a border on this one. I like the way it just stops.
I just love your Broken Dishes! What a beautiful way to use up your scraps - I love the energy and movement!
ReplyDeleteI love the Broken Dishes.
ReplyDeleteYou chose the right setting. I really like the look. Makes the dishes (blocks)shine!! Good job!!
ReplyDeleteAny of the blocks would have been nice, but I do think the solid black gives the eye a nice place to rest. Great job.
ReplyDeleteThe Broken Dishes quilt looks amazing, and I like the choice of the darker setting for the connecting blocks, allows the colourful blocks to shine - great effect!! Well done!!
ReplyDeleteI love both quilts, but the leaves quilt has my heart!!! ♥♥♥
ReplyDeleteLove that quilt Rhonda. Off to make my new leaf
ReplyDeleteI am back in Denmark again and have downloaded the 5th leaf of Leafing through the year.
ReplyDeleteThank you. The first 4 is done.