Ravelly's World
▼
Mar 7, 2010
The Lions Den
The other day I was asked to make a quilt for my old Alma Mater. We are the Lions so this is going to be easy.......right??? I decided to make a male, female and cub....it's important to let the lower grades know that they are Lions, too......the whole team spirit thing......you know what I mean. These blocks are easily done and seem to come to life on the fabric. I've used Steam-a-Seam Lite2 but haven't sewn anything down yet. As you've probably picked up my now, I love this technique and am providing a tutorial link on how to do this method from a previous post I did with a cow here.
The next few blocks are going to be related to the band....maybe some musical notes, an instrument or two.....I'm not sure..........something will pop into my fuzzy little brain sooner or later....LOL.
7 comments:
If you leave a comment and I don't respond, please forgive the oversight. Your comments are always appreciated and I do try to get back to everyone.
If you are a non-reply, thank you for your comments and insights and "PLEASE" leave me a way to contact you in case your name is a winner. See the note above all the Posts!!
Looking great so far!
ReplyDeleteThe lion blocks are great...and I'm sure the other blocks will be, also. Is this for the school where you taught or one you attended?
ReplyDeleteThat quilt is going to be wonderful. I'll be looking forward to seeing what you come up with for the other blocks.
ReplyDeleteLooks very nice Rhonda. I am looking forward to seeing the rest.You are always whipping up some great things.
ReplyDeleteLove the lions, they really pop on that background.
ReplyDeleteYour ideas are just meshing together , boy are your creative juices flowing. Looking forward to the finished product
ReplyDeleteLooking great
ReplyDeletehome based data entry