Ravelly's World

Jan 11, 2010

Paper Piecing

It's been awhile since I've paper pieced. In anticipation for the next holiday - Valentine's Day - I decided to make a couple of coasters (you can never have enough, especially if a certain little person hides them when she visits). I love the accuracy of paper piecing. Every point comes out perfectly. I used thin batting pieces then did the "birthing" method. Afterward, whip stitch to close and machine stitch around the hearts for more stability.

7 comments:

  1. I love the pattern with the star pattern in the heart.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very pretty. I love the star pattern

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very nice. I, too, love the star within the heart.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very pretty and I hope the little person who "hides" your coasters when she visits isn't flushing them down the toilet. I once knew a kid who did that with things like washcloths!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Rhonda , those are perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow! I need you to come teach me how to do that! Amazing.

    And THANK YOU!!!! for the aprons. I am sooo excited by them. you are marvelous!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Anonymous11.1.10

    I am drolling over your Janome! Enjoy! Maybe someday. At least I can enjoy looking at your picture and imagining! :)

    ReplyDelete

If you leave a comment and I don't respond, please forgive the oversight. Your comments are always appreciated and I do try to get back to everyone.
If you are a non-reply, thank you for your comments and insights and "PLEASE" leave me a way to contact you in case your name is a winner. See the note above all the Posts!!