Ravelly's World

May 3, 2009

Tasty Veggies & Hot Cornbread

Sorry I don't have a picture to go along with the meal but honestly I didn't think they would all eat everything up............LOL
Here's the recipe:
  1. Roughly chop 1 medium to large onion
  2. Slice 2 squash of your choice
  3. Chop a fresh clove of garlic (optional but I love garlic)
  4. 1 cup of cooked purple hull or black-eyed peas
  5. 1/2 jalapeno pepper
  6. 1 cup of frozen or fresh sweet corn
  7. In a hot large skillet add 2 tablespoons of Olive oil and all of the above ingredients. Stir constantly for a few minutes to insure that nothing sticks.
  8. Pour over that 2 cans of Stewed Tomatoes or canned tomatoes. Let simmer for 25 to 40 minutes.
  9. While that simmering, cook a large pan of cornbread.
  10. Serve veggies and cornbread while steaming hot.

Next time, I'll snap a pic before everyone gets their hands on it......LOL

2 comments:

  1. Mmmm-hmmm! Thanks for sharing the recipe. So healthful, too. And we love cornbread. Maybe a side of greens, too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm going to have to try this recipe, I've never had black eyed peas.
    Cheers,
    Dionne

    ReplyDelete

If you leave a comment and I don't respond, please forgive the oversight. Your comments are always appreciated and I do try to get back to everyone.
If you are a non-reply, thank you for your comments and insights and "PLEASE" leave me a way to contact you in case your name is a winner. See the note above all the Posts!!