Ravelly's World

Apr 15, 2009

Revisited

This wonderful top was one of our "wacky" challenges. We traded four-patches & half-square triangles for a couple of years. Then each of us chose a quilt design from one of the two Nickel Quilt Books by Pat Speth & Charlene Thode. I chose "Idaho Beauty" from More Nickel Quilts. I finished off the quilt top with a maroon 2" border and a 6" black floral border. Of course, I haven't had it quilted yet. This quilt top is a more recent "wacky" challenge where we were to make 1 to 2 blocks for each other. My theme was everything Cowboyish. I finished the quilt blocks with checkerboards and Texas fabric strips then placed a 1 1/2" yellow border to stop it and use the last of the checkerboards.

4 comments:

  1. You had certainly done some fun projects with your group of Wackies! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lookin Good! Getting ALL those project finished, aren't ya? Gonna show us up, aren't ya? LOL

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful quilts.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love those tops! A finished top is close enough to done for me!
    Cheers,
    Dionne

    ReplyDelete

If you leave a comment and I don't respond, please forgive the oversight. Your comments are always appreciated and I do try to get back to everyone.
If you are a non-reply, thank you for your comments and insights and "PLEASE" leave me a way to contact you in case your name is a winner. See the note above all the Posts!!