Ravelly's World

Jul 30, 2008

Flowers in the Attic

A few posts ago you saw these "Blackwork" flowers......at DC I decided to make a table runner or sofa back rest. I placed each flower in an attic window setting, added a small border and then used a large floral fabric that I'd bought some time ago. I like the way it turned out.


My mom and I went shopping today.....as kind of girls bonding thing. We laughed and tried on shoes...mom bought a purse.....LOL......my mom's become the "purse lady." Anyway, when I got home this little guy was waiting on my back door to greet me. I whipped out my trusty camera and snapped off several shots before he (Praying Mantas) became camera shy and moved to a quieter neighborhood..........LOL

4 comments:

  1. Anonymous30.7.08

    what is that?

    arlene,
    Gig Harbor florist

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good shot of the insect. Thanks for visiting my blog and I definitely share your passion with quilting. - that's when I'm not in my garden.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful attic windows! The bug picture is cool...I am glad to say though that I do not come across bugs of this size around here. LOL.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Rhondee, I love what you have done with these blackwork embroideries!
    I think your choice of Attic Windows shows them off to perfection.
    Wonderful idea!

    Margaret

    ReplyDelete

If you leave a comment and I don't respond, please forgive the oversight. Your comments are always appreciated and I do try to get back to everyone.
If you are a non-reply, thank you for your comments and insights and "PLEASE" leave me a way to contact you in case your name is a winner. See the note above all the Posts!!