Question: Do you prefer to work from a pattern and follow it to the letter or do you prefer to get an idea from the pattern and then just go with the flow/what strikes you?
Answer: For me it depends on the pattern. This little that I'm about to finish in a day or so came from "The Easy Art of Applique'....I love the pattern but I don't hand applique' unless someone is holding my over a boiling pot of oil. LOL /So my solution is to use Steam-a-Seam. Love the stuff, can't buy enough of it. I love looking at the fabrics that appear in the quilts from the book and coming up with my own version. I didn't care for the strip & border fabric & chose a fabric that would allow the blocks to be the focus. Anyway this is the results. Notice that I added another small flower block. I like the, "what I call puzzle effect" when putting the blocks together. I also inclued a picture from the book for comparison.
I think that Suzette has posed a great question.
I got my denim today! I can't wait to show my girls on Tuesday and see what they think about their new fabric. Thank you so much! :)
ReplyDeleteI love this quilt! I am drawn to flowers!
ReplyDelete