Ravelly's World

Dec 20, 2017

A New Direction

So, I'm in a down spot when it comes to sewing anything these days. I think it's the winter doldrums. So I've decided to to try my hand at painting using watercolors. I use to do this when I was teaching but it's been at least 12 years since I've picked up a brush.

I chose a scene and started to pencil it out.

I'm using a #2 pencil lightly.

Now, the fun starts. Watercolors!!!

I know that this first scene is going to be rough but I'm loving the process.

I've used Rubber Cement on the woodpecker so that the watercolors won't bleed into it. Tomorrow or whenever, I'll rub off the cement and complete everything.  I'll also need to do a bit more work on the tree bark.




5 comments:

  1. You're way braver than I am! I could never even begin to paint anything. My mother did a lot of water colors in her day but unfortunately I didn't inherit that particular gene from her. She, on the other hand, didn't quilt...those genes came down to me from my grandmothers.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are a woman of so many talents. I am in awe.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well, I don't paint. That is a new use of rubber cement for me. Cool! Where did you learn that trick.

    Merry Christmas
    xx, Carol

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am impressed - I never thought of using rubber cement as a frisket or resist for painting.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You have so many talents! That looks wonderful.

    ReplyDelete

If you leave a comment and I don't respond, please forgive the oversight. Your comments are always appreciated and I do try to get back to everyone.
If you are a non-reply, thank you for your comments and insights and "PLEASE" leave me a way to contact you in case your name is a winner. See the note above all the Posts!!