Ravelly's World

Mar 27, 2012

Seeing Red

As you know, I'm trying to reduce my stash in 2012 by sewing up scraps but it seems that the "fabric Gnome" keeps adding to that basket every time I turn around. Anyway, I had a large red scrap, roughly 1 1/2 yards that worked beautifully in this Spinning Star quilt top. I dug down deep in the scrap basket and pulled out several tone-on-tones for the lighter backgrounds and finished off the piece with a hint of black.  It measures 50 inches square and I love the way it turned out. What do you think?

7 comments:

  1. Wow! not a bad effort from the scrap basket Rhonda! I love the red print and your use of different tone on tones creates a lovely finish, well done!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think you have many pretty stuff in your stash and just as much as you need. Go ahead and have most of the scrapa turned into quilts. I´m in the same mood and challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It is a star quilt!! What's not to Love!!!

    Blessings

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great quilt - and exactly why we should all have a VERY large stash of TOT fabrics in many many colours, lol!

    (LOL one of my "prove you're not a robot" words is micerice ... funny!)

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is a great project from scraps.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Anonymous31.3.12

    I love the Spining Star pattern! I also like the tone on tone look! You have used your scraps very nicely!!! ♥♥♥

    ReplyDelete

If you leave a comment and I don't respond, please forgive the oversight. Your comments are always appreciated and I do try to get back to everyone.
If you are a non-reply, thank you for your comments and insights and "PLEASE" leave me a way to contact you in case your name is a winner. See the note above all the Posts!!