Ravelly's World

Oct 13, 2011

Sewing School

Months ago I posted about my late Great Aunt and her wonderful collections of sewing books and quilts.
One book that I am really fond of is "Hand Sewing Lessons." The book has many great lessons about hand sewing but it also contains a treasure, Great Aunt's personal notes.  Just viewing them brings tears to my eyes and makes me feel even closer to her even in death.
Below is one page from the book. I hope you can enlarge it to read what's on the page.

4 comments:

  1. What a treasure!!! Those words are a gold mine!!

    Blessings

    ReplyDelete
  2. finding old notes like that is a treasure. I found where my grandmother had written a short genealogy in her 20s. It was stuck in a box with some pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It is nice to have such special mementos of loved ones who are no longer with us. I don't have any...and that makes me sad. :(

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is a treasure.....

    ReplyDelete

If you leave a comment and I don't respond, please forgive the oversight. Your comments are always appreciated and I do try to get back to everyone.
If you are a non-reply, thank you for your comments and insights and "PLEASE" leave me a way to contact you in case your name is a winner. See the note above all the Posts!!