Ravelly's World

Oct 21, 2010

Designs and Threads



I'm still trying out designs and learning to use all my new threads.  The tree design was sewn out using Floriani thread.....this thread is not my favorite because it usually breaks or frays quite often but I loosened the top tension and things went well from there.
The sun design was sewn out using Superior Threads - King Tut ELS Cotton and a topstitch 90/14 needle which was recommended on the actual spool. I mixed in a Robison-Anton Poly just because I like the look of using different threads when possible.
Each design measures roughly 4"2" and 3" square.  I am keeping each design in a notebook with notes about the threads used as well as types of needles and the tension info,  for future reference.  It's amazing how quickly I forget what I was doing, so notes help.

4 comments:

  1. Your designs are wonderful and it is really nice to hear which threads do well...thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. As always, I enjoy seeing your work. That sun really put a much-needed smile on my face this a.m.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great idea to keep a notebook on what you used.

    ReplyDelete
  4. wouldn't it be great if all thread had needle suggestions on the spool!

    ReplyDelete

If you leave a comment and I don't respond, please forgive the oversight. Your comments are always appreciated and I do try to get back to everyone.
If you are a non-reply, thank you for your comments and insights and "PLEASE" leave me a way to contact you in case your name is a winner. See the note above all the Posts!!