Ravelly's World
▼
May 21, 2010
Blogger's Quilt Festival Spring 2010
Amy is hosting a virtual Quilt Festival where we get to show one of our favorite quilts. This is mine.
I named it "Patriotic Me." It was made from an idea that me and my girlfriends came up with a couple of summers ago. I knew I want an eagle and the flag as part of the quilt but I wanted to honor our Armed Forces in some way. Thus the four blocks all appliqued using my favorite adhesive.....Steam-a-seam.
This quilt was one of my proudest moments when it won First Place and Go Texan last year.
Be sure to pop over and take a look at all the wonderful entries and enter one of your quilts. It's fun.
9 comments:
If you leave a comment and I don't respond, please forgive the oversight. Your comments are always appreciated and I do try to get back to everyone.
If you are a non-reply, thank you for your comments and insights and "PLEASE" leave me a way to contact you in case your name is a winner. See the note above all the Posts!!

a great quilt for a great cause. It's beautiful! Congratulations on the win!
ReplyDeleteI have loved that quilt from the first time I saw it...you did an exceptional job with it!
ReplyDeleteLovely quilt, but I expect no less from you Rhonda.
ReplyDeleteGreat quilt Rhonda and congratulations on the fabulous win.
ReplyDeleteFabulous quilt, and very appropriate as we head into Memorial day and July 4th. I spent two weeks every summer in Palestine when a was young at church camp.
ReplyDeleteYour patriotic quilt is beautiful. One of my favorite wallhangings is of a flag and I enjoy having it in my kitchen from May until September! You have done a beautiful job, especially with the eagle.
ReplyDeleteWonderful Patriotic quilt. Very special.
ReplyDeleteSewCalGal
www.sewcalgal.blogspot.com
Great quilt make sme want to stand up and salute it.
ReplyDeletei love patriotic quilts. i especially like the services in the corners.
ReplyDelete