I'd love to share one of my favorite "veggie" recipes with you. I love this particular one because you can eat it with a hot slice of cornbread or your favorite crackers.
1 small bag of frozen blackeyed peas
1 small bag frozen okra
1 small onion, diced
2 tablespoons chopped garlic
1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
3 tablespoons bacon bits (optional)
1 large can of Stewed Tomatoes
5 cups water in large sauce pan
Sea salt & pepper
Pour all ingredients into water. Bring to a rolling boil then allow to simmer for 2 to 3 hours. The aroma will make your mouth water, believe me! By the time the Veggies are ready, everyone will be waiting around the table.
I'm starving and you are talking about food. lol I will be trying this recipe.
ReplyDeleteMMm mmmm what's not to love? I could eat a "mess" of this!
ReplyDeleteI can do this on he kick butt yes?
ReplyDelete