Ravelly's World

Jun 10, 2009

Mini Swap

Michele over at QuiltingGallery offered another mini-swap, "Spring Blooms" and of course I signed up. The theme is about what happens in the spring....which brings to mind plant growth, spring cleaning, gardens, etc. I thought back to my childhood to what my parents and grandparents did. Spring was the time when they built barns, sheds, added that extra room onto the house or remodeled the kitchen. This was when neighbors pitched in to help one another. Where even grandma swung a hammer and wore a tool belt. So in honor of the springs that I remember so fondly I made my "gal pal" a mini "Carpenter's Wheel." Or course, I can't reveal her name or whereabouts......it's a secret but I hope she will fall in love with this little quilt.
Posted by Picasa

7 comments:

  1. Gosh, I hope you have my name. haha I love that mini quilt. And I'm sure your swap partner will love it as well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous scrap quilt! I'm sure the lucky recipient will love it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Adorable quilt-whoever your secret person is-they will LOVE it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Enjoyed your recollection of days gone by........your quilting is as marvelous as always. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great quilt

    Love and hugs Gina xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Just tonight I found Julie's Quilt Gallery... which there I saw "her" mini that was made by you ;)

    I told her but wanted to tell you... that I think your "Carpenter's Wheel" is beautiful. I've been invited by a blogging friend to swap minis... I've never made one before but seeing your's has given me inspiration ;) I love the cicular quilting - it really makes the quilt!

    I'll bookmark you to be back... hope you will visit my blog too ;)

    Love from SE Texas! ~bonnie

    ReplyDelete
  7. PS...I'm guessing the HST's finish at 2" no?

    and I think this pattern will be perfect in fall colors...

    ReplyDelete

If you leave a comment and I don't respond, please forgive the oversight. Your comments are always appreciated and I do try to get back to everyone.
If you are a non-reply, thank you for your comments and insights and "PLEASE" leave me a way to contact you in case your name is a winner. See the note above all the Posts!!