I had a sweet tooth yesterday & decided to bake some cookies. I wasn't in the mood for peanut butter or chocolate chip cookies so I pulled out one of my mom's old cookbooks and found a great recipe.
"Pecan Crunch Cookies"
1 cup butter or margarine
1/2 cup sugar
1 tsp. vanilla extract
2 tsps. lemon extract (optional)
1/2 cup crushed potato chips ----- yes, you heard me!!
1/2 cup chopped pecans
2 cups sifted all-purpose flour
- Cream butter, sugar, vanilla & lemon extract together. Add crushed potato chips and pecans. Stir in flour.
- Form into small balls, using about 1 tablespoon dough for each.
- Place on ungreased cookie sheet.
- Press balls flat with bottom of tumbler dipped in sugar.
- Bake in 350 degree oven for 16 to 18 minutes or until cookies are lightly browned.
Yields roughly 3 dozen
These are great just coming out of the over.....how do I know this.....well, you can guess what happened to most of those cookies. Someone had to be the taste-tester.........LOL
I did manage to save some for mom and the grands......just barely.