Okra & Shrimp Gumbo & Cornbread ......yummy!
- 1 bag frozen whole okra - I like to thaw them out, chop off the ends...crazy, I know.
- 1 medium onion chopped or diced
- 1 small package cooked shrimp
- 1 can whole kernel corn - drained
- 1/2 cup cooked rice
- 1 can tomato paste
- 1 teaspoon seafood seasonings
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- Optional - bacon bits
Combine all ingredients in a large cooking pot along with one cup of water. Simmer for an hour or two and serve with hot cornbread.
- I forgot to mention to also add 2 cans of stewed tomatoes. The tomatoes I added were from by garden from last year.
- Sorry about that!!