Here's the recipe:
- Roughly chop 1 medium to large onion
- Slice 2 squash of your choice
- Chop a fresh clove of garlic (optional but I love garlic)
- 1 cup of cooked purple hull or black-eyed peas
- 1/2 jalapeno pepper
- 1 cup of frozen or fresh sweet corn
- In a hot large skillet add 2 tablespoons of Olive oil and all of the above ingredients. Stir constantly for a few minutes to insure that nothing sticks.
- Pour over that 2 cans of Stewed Tomatoes or canned tomatoes. Let simmer for 25 to 40 minutes.
- While that simmering, cook a large pan of cornbread.
- Serve veggies and cornbread while steaming hot.
Next time, I'll snap a pic before everyone gets their hands on it......LOL